Wondering which fun and easy meal to cook next? Why not try making a cheeseburger tater tot casserole? No need to worry yourself if you don’t know how to prepare this dish because we have the recipe here for you.
Our cheeseburger tater tot casserole recipe is simple and will help you prepare a meal loaded with cheese and full of flavor. This recipe will set you on the path towards preparing a hamburger casserole that is sure to please a crowd and have your kids going crazy over it.
Other than that, our recipe is also very versatile. You can add some salsa and taco seasoning to make it a taco tater tot casserole, or add a can of mushroom for a more creamy dish — in short, there is so much you can do with this recipe. Let’s get down to business.
You’ll need a 9 by 13 casserole dish or a foil pan to make this dish. A foil pan is great, especially if you are trying to avoid a lot of cleaning, as you’ll just throw it away when you are done cooking. The ingredients you’ll need for this cheeseburger tater tot casserole recipe are:
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces of shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 32 ounces (1 bag) of tater tots
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1/8 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- Place the ground beef in a pan and fry it till brown then add the chopped onions and cook until soft.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, and steak seasoning.
- Take all these ingredients and place them at the bottom of a greased foil pan or 9 by 13 baking pan.
- Take the shredded Monterey jack cheese and spread it over the ground beef.
- Spread a layer of tater tots over the casserole.
- Place the casserole in the oven and cook it uncovered for 25 minutes at a temperature of 375 degrees.
- After baking for 25 minutes, remove the casserole from the oven, sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on it, and place it back in the oven. Then let it bake until the cheddar is melted.
- When the cheddar on the casserole is melted, serve it while still hot with your favorite burger toppings and pickles, bacon, tomatoes, or onions as you wish.