Allergy Safe Jewelry Tips

If you react to nickel, silver, copper, and other metals, you know that allergy safe jewelry is the only choice. When we are young, our bodies can form an immune system to protect us from most substances found in nature. As we get older, our bodies are no longer capable of building an immune system and are more likely to suffer an allergic reaction. Allergic reactions can range from mild to life-threatening and involve symptoms such as scratchy throat, rashes, hives, vomiting, and diarrhea. While an allergy may not have caused the onset of your symptoms, some allergies can lead to an increased vulnerability.

When choosing allergy free jewelry, it is important to choose hypoallergenic metals. These alloys are made from the metals 99.5% pure, which significantly reduces the likelihood of causing a reaction. One hypoallergenic metal used in allergy safe jewelry is titanium. This metal is extremely dense, so the allergy-causing nickel and copper deposits are significantly reduced. The titanium also lacks the cobalt found in nickel and copper.

Since allergy-free jewelry is generally white, it is less noticeable on the skin. The subtle color difference can help reduce the effects of allergy symptoms. Hypoallergenic metal jewelry is available in styles that accentuate the natural beauty of the wearer. Popular choices include beaded necklaces and chokers.

Some common allergy-free materials often found in hypoallergenic necklaces and bracelets are stainless steel, sterling silver, and gold. Hypoallergenic chain necklaces and earrings made from cultured pearls may also be purchased. To obtain a higher purity, many jewelry manufacturers use specialized technology to assure allergy-free results.

In addition to practicing healthy living, allergy sufferers can significantly reduce their exposure to potential irritants by using allergy safe jewelry. Allergy jewelry has proven to be highly effective in helping allergy sufferers minimize their exposure to potential allergens. This type of jewelry is designed to fit individuals with high allergy levels specifically. Since allergens can be very small, it is often impossible for even trained staff to identify all possible exposure sources.

Allergy-safe jewelry is created to seamlessly fit all of the important parts of the body to not trigger allergic reactions. This type of jewelry is also highly durable, so it will typically last for years. It is also important to remember that no allergen is better than another. Allergy medications should be used according to the recommendations provided by your physician. Always consult a doctor before using any allergy medication.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *